Bergen County Personal Injury Lawyers
At almost one million residents, Bergen County is the largest New Jersey county by population, and it’s growing. Healthcare, biomedical research, technology, and government are the largest employers in the Garden State’s fourth most affluent county, while many residents also commute to work in New York City via the George Washington Bridge. Yet, with no major city casting its shadow across the county, Bergen residents enjoy cosmopolitan diversity in small-town and suburban settings. These many factors make Bergen County an ideal location to live and raise a family. But if you’re seriously injured in an accident, your secure life can be suddenly and perhaps permanently disrupted. That’s when you need Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers. From our Paramus location, our highly professional personal injury attorneys provide determined representation to recover the full compensation you deserve.
Do I Need A Bergen CountyPersonal Injury Lawyer?
When an accident leaves you severely injured, you have the right to seek compensation from the person responsible. While the other party will likely have insurance coverage to compensate you, it is often more challenging than it should be to get the money you need to pay your bills and move on with your life. These companies care only about their bottom line, which usually means that they will do everything in their power to avoid paying you what you’re owed.
With an attorney on your side, however, you can even the playing field. Your lawyer will be a crucial ally in your fight for justice. They are tasked with representing you to the fullest of their ability and getting you what you’re owed. The New Jersey State Bar Association requires diligence, competence, faithfulness, and good judgment from attorneys who represent clients with injury claims, and that’s what the team at Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers is committed to providing each of our clients.
Why Choose Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers To Handle My Personal Injury Case?
Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers has decades of experience helping those who’ve been hurt in accidents in Bergen County. We were ranked a Top 40 Law Firm by the New Jersey Law Journal, and we’re proud of our track record of successful verdicts and settlements on behalf of those who’ve trusted us to help them.
Edward P. Capozzi is a member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He recovered least one (and as many as three) of the top 20 verdicts or settlements in New Jersey every year from 2012 to 2018.
Keith J. Roberts is a member of the Bergen County Bar Association, New Jersey chapter of the American Trial Lawyers Association, and Health and Hospital Law Section of the New Jersey Bar Association. He serves on the Advisory Council for Arbitration of No-Fault Disputes in New Jersey.
Charles X. Gormally has been certified as a civil trial attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. He has been licensed in New Jersey since 1979 and New York since 1990.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers handles a wide variety of personal injury cases in Bergen County. Some of the most common include:
- Car Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most common causes of most injuries in Bergen County, as numerous major arteries crisscross Bergen County, including the New Jersey Turnpike (Interstate 95 or I- 95), the Garden State Parkway, Interstate 80 (I-80), Interstate 287 (I-287), U.S. Route 1/9 (US 1/9), U.S. Route 9W (US 9W), U.S. Route 46 (US 46), and U.S. Route 202 (US 202).
- Truck Accidents — Commercial trucks are some of the most massive vehicles on most roads in New Jersey, and many accidents stem from truck driver negligent, but several others involve mechanical issues with the vehicles. Multiple parties can often be held liable in these types of crashes.
- Train & Bus Accidents — As part of the Gateway Region of the New York City Metropolitan Area, Bergen County is directly connected to Manhattan via the George Washington Bridge (GWB) in Fort Lee. New Jersey Transit buses provide service across the GWB to the Port Authority Bus Terminal and George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal in Manhattan. NJT also provides service within the county and to other points in New Jersey, as do private companies, such as Academy Bus Lines, Coach USA, DeCamp Bus Lines, and Red and Tan Lines. Passenger rail service is available from NJ Transit along the Bergen County Line, the Main Line, and the Pascack Valley Line, running to Hoboken Terminal with connections to the PATH system. NJ Transit also provides service to New York Penn Station and Newark Penn Station connecting at Secaucus Junction.
- Motorcycle Accidents — Motorcycles are far smaller than other automobiles on the road, and motorcyclists do not have the same level of protection as occupants of other motor vehicles.
- Bicycle Accidents — Bicycles share roads with motor vehicles, but negligent drivers frequently cause several accidents when they fail to see or respect the space of bicyclists.
- Child Injuries — When children are involved in accidents, the statute of limitations can be tolled (delayed) until a minor reaches the age of majority, or parents can initiate legal action on behalf of children.
- Uber & Lyft Accidents — Ridesharing is becoming an increasingly common alternative to traditional taxis, but some drivers can be involved in crashes and create complicated liability issues.
- Boat Accidents — From parks for canoes and kayaks to larger bodies of water for bigger vessels, boat accidents could involve operator negligence or possibly unsafe vessels.
- Spinal Cord Injuries — Spinal cord injuries are some of the most severe injuries people can suffer, with many victims facing lifelong complications.
- Head & Neck Injuries (TBI) — A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a quietly devastating injury that can have widespread complications, and other injuries to the head or neck can cause similar issues with daily function for a person.
- Catastrophic Injuries — Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers has helped victims who have sustained amputations, disfigurement, burn injuries, internal organ damage, and many other kinds of catastrophic injuries.
- Wrongful Death — Surviving spouses and children or possibly other family members when there is no surviving spouse or children can file actions to recover damages caused by the sudden death of a loved one.
- Construction Accidents — The construction industry is thriving in New Jersey, but every new project carries the risk of possible accidents involving injuries to workers as well as other innocent people in some cases.
- Workplace Accidents — People can be injured on the job in a variety of settings, and some accidents can result in additional claims beyond just workers’ compensation.
- Workers Compensation — A person who is hurt at work in New Jersey is often entitled to no-fault compensation for medical costs and lost wages, but the benefits are not automatic and can be more challenging for certain injuries.
- Sexual Abuse — People who have been the victims of sexual abuse often can hold individual defendants and possibly other entities responsible for safety in certain situations accountable.
- Elevator & Escalator Accidents — Elevators and escalators are commonly utilized in several structures in Bergen County, but defective parts or failure to maintain these apparatuses can result in significant accidents.
- Dog Bite Injuries — Dog attacks are frightening experiences and challenging issues for people to resolve because the dog owners are often family members, friends, or neighbors.
- Distracted Driving Accidents — Cell phones are one of the most common distractions for most drivers, but the truth is that many different kinds of possible distractions can cause motor vehicle accidents.
- Drunk Driving Accidents — Drivers in New Jersey who operate under the influence of drugs or alcohol will often face criminal charges, but criminal cases are entirely separate from civil actions.
- Slip & Fall / Premises Liability — Falls are always one of the most common causes of injuries in the United States, and property owners can be liable for falls caused by dangerous circumstances on their property.
- Pedestrian Accidents — Pedestrians have no protection when they are involved in most accidents, so the potential for catastrophic injuries is high.
- Defective / Dangerous Products — If a product malfunctions and causes injury or death, the manufacturer could be liable for damages.
- Self-Driving Vehicle Accidents — Autonomous vehicles are no longer just a distant future dream, but they are also being involved in car accidents right now.
Not all accidents necessarily fit neatly into a categorical description, but you should not hesitate to discuss your case with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Contact an experienced personal injury attorney in Bergen County, NJ
From our office in Paramus, NJ, Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers serves clients in Cliffside Park, Lodi, Ridgewood, Mahwah, Bergenfield, Englewood, Garfield, Fair Lawn, Fort Lee, Teaneck, Hackensack, and other Bergen County locations. If you have suffered harm due to someone’s negligence, we can help you recover compensation for your losses. To schedule a free consultation, call (973) 364-8300 or contact our office online.
Bergen County Location
140 E. Ridgewood Ave
Suite 415, South Tower
Paramus, NJ 07652