New Jersey T-Bone Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one found themselves in a T-bone car accident, you might be eligible for compensation. A T-bone accident — also referred to as side-impact or broadside accidents — occurs when one vehicle strikes the side of another vehicle. This is called a T-bone because the 90-degree impact angle resembles the letter “T”.
These accidents often occur when one vehicle fails to stop at a stop sign or stoplight and either slams into a vehicle in the intersection or is struck by another driver unable to avoid the collision.
At Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, we understand the devastating impact that a T-bone accident can have on your life. The combination of physical pain from injuries, stress and anxiety from mounting medical bills, and trauma from the accident proves overwhelming for many accident victims. At Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, we are here to help you with your legal claim so that you can access compensation while you rest and recover. Give us a call today at (973) 364-8300 to schedule your free consultation with our New Jersey car accident lawyers.
Why Do I Need to Hire An Attorney?
If you have been involved in a T-bone accident, it’s likely that you suffered injuries and need to pay for car repairs. Your injuries may require sustained medical care, which means future medical bills. Many T-bone accident victims can’t work because of their injuries, whether temporarily or permanently. An experienced car accident attorney can help you access compensation to help cover all of these expenses. You may also be eligible for compensation for your pain and suffering.
Hiring an attorney will help ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. An attorney will have a good idea of the amount of compensation for which you are eligible, and can advise you on whether you should take a settlement or take the case to court. While many car accidents do end in favorable settlements, you should never agree to a settlement without first consulting an attorney. A settlement is a legally binding agreement. Once you sign that document, it’s extremely difficult to undo. You need to ensure you’re getting fair compensation before signing any legal documents.
Why Should I Hire Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers?
Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers is a team of accomplished and dedicated trial lawyers focused on obtaining optimal results for our clients. We are passionate about advocating for our injured clients and use every legal resource available to create compelling arguments on your behalf. After every case, we ask ourselves three questions:
- Did we provide justice?
- Did we obtain adequate compensation to meet your current and future needs?
- Are you and your family more secure now than when you came to us?
Our tireless work ethic and commitment to justice consistently results in favorable outcomes for our clients. We have recovered more than $300 million for our injured clients, including dozens of multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts for those injured in car accidents. While every case is unique and there are many factors that can influence the success of a personal injury case, our overall track record is a reliable indicator of our ability and dedication.
At Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, we understand that many people worry about the cost of hiring a lawyer. Especially when considering the massive medical bills that can pile up after an accident, adding another expense can feel overwhelming. We believe that everyone should be able to access high-quality legal representation, which is why we work on a contingency-fee basis. That means that we only request payment if we win your case, at which point we take a percentage of your overall settlement or verdict. If we don’t win your case, then you don’t owe us any money.
We also offer a 100-percent free initial consultation where you can tell us about your case, ask any questions you have, and we can get the ball rolling on your case. Call us today at (973) 364-8300 to schedule your consultation today.
T-bone Car Accidents
A T-bone accident occurs when one vehicle strikes the side of another vehicle. T-bone accidents can result in severe injury and serious vehicle damage. Unlike other types of car accidents where the bumper, engine, trunk, or seats can provide some protective cushion and absorb some of the impact, only a door and window protect occupants from a T-bone collision.
The severity of a T-bone accident depends on several factors, such as the speed of both cars and the kind of cars involved in the accident. An accident in which a larger SUV strikes a small sedan is generally more likely to cause severe injury than when a smaller vehicle strikes a larger vehicle. Some common causes of T-bone accidents include:
- Improper left turn – When making an unprotected left turn (turning left on a regular green light, not a green arrow), drivers need to exercise particular caution by carefully checking for oncoming traffic and waiting until there is ample time to safely turn. However, many drivers become impatient while waiting to turn left across traffic and may misjudge the oncoming speed of traffic. They will then make a left turn before it’s safe. In this situation, the oncoming car may not have time to fully stop or avoid collision, resulting in a T-bone of the turning vehicle. The driver of the T-boned car would be at fault in this scenario.
- Running a red light or stop sign, or making a rolling stop – Drivers who fail to stop at stoplights and stop signs, even if they slow down, risk causing a T-bone collision. They may strike a car that is already in the intersection or cause another car to collide with them if the other car is unable to stop in time. It is important to fully stop at all stop signs and check for oncoming traffic.
- Inclement weather – In bad weather conditions such as snow, heavy rain, ice, or wind, all drivers must take additional steps to minimize the risk of an accident. Depending on the weather, this might mean driving under the speed limit and leaving additional stopping distance. In extreme weather, drivers may even need to move to the shoulder of the road and stop until the weather passes. Although no one can control the weather, drivers can take actions to mitigate risks during inclement weather. Bad weather is rarely determined as the cause of an accident. This means that if a driver T-boned you after sliding across black ice, it may still be possible to hold that driver responsible for your damages.
Other common causes of T-bone accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated by alcohol and/or drugs
- Brake failure or a defective auto part
How Much Compensation Am I Eligible For?
In general, car accident victims are able to file personal injury lawsuits against the at-fault driver and ask for compensation for their medical bills, property damage, lost wages if their injuries have made them unable to work, and pain and suffering.
It’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after your accident. You should not try to deal with it alone. Even if you don’t immediately notice pain or injuries, it’s in the best interest of your health and your legal claim to seek prompt medical care. If you delay, the opposing party may argue that your injuries aren’t as serious as you claim or that it cannot be certain that your injuries were caused by your car accident. Additionally, some injuries commonly caused by car accidents do not immediately present obvious symptoms. These injuries can include serious conditions like whiplash, nerve damage, and traumatic brain injuries.
In order to make the case that you deserve compensation for pain and suffering, we recommend starting a journal in which you document the ways that your accident-caused injuries continue to impact your daily life. Write down whenever you experience pain, cannot complete daily tasks, or are otherwise prevented from living your life the way you did before your accident.
If your loved one tragically died as a result of a T-bone car accident, we want to send our most sincere condolences. If you are an immediate family member of the deceased, you are likely eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault driver. In a wrongful death lawsuit, you can ask for compensation for your loved one’s medical bills, the cost of funeral and burial, pain and suffering, your loved one’s future wages, and loss of consortium (loss of familial benefits of the relationship with the loved one).
Contact a T-bone Accident Attorney Today
At Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, we understand how seriously T-bone accidents can impact your life, and we are passionate about working to get you the compensation you need to help move on with your life. Most car accident victims feel stressed and overwhelmed in the aftermath of their accident, and worry that taking on a legal case is too much for them. Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers will shoulder the legal burden of your case while you rest and recover.
Contact us today by calling (973) 364-8300 to schedule your free consultation