New Jersey No-Zone Truck Accident Attorneys
New Jersey is a major commercial activity hub, meaning commuters in the area must drive alongside big rigs, 18-wheelers, and other large commercial trucks. While collisions with large trucks can be devastating, “no-zone” crashes are catastrophic. They can leave victims with life-changing injuries, as well as astronomical medical costs.
If you or someone you know was injured in a no-zone truck accident in New Jersey, financial compensation may be available to cover your medical care, lost wages, and more. When pursuing compensation, it’s critical to hire an experienced attorney.
At Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, we have a strong reputation for upholding the rights of injured truck accident victims in New Jersey and the surrounding areas. We have recovered over $425 million in compensation for clients and are ready to fight on your behalf.
Let the experienced legal team at Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers help secure the compensation you’re entitled to. To schedule a free consultation with a New Jersey no-zone accident attorney, call us today at (973) 364-8300.
What Is a No-Zone Truck Accident?
Like any other vehicle, large commercial trucks have blind spots. “No-zones” refer to the most dangerous blind spots surrounding a truck. They include the following areas:
- Approximately 20-30 feet in front of and behind the truck
- Behind the driver’s side door
- Behind the passenger’s side door
These areas are invisible to truck drivers, even when mirrors are used. Blind spots, in general, are dangerous, but due to the immense size of commercial trucks, no-zones present even more dangers.
Drivers might sustain only minor injuries in a typical blind-spot collision between two passenger vehicles. However, the resulting injuries can be catastrophic when a fully loaded commercial truck collides with a smaller vehicle that has entered its no-zone.
To prevent collisions, truck drivers must be aware of any cars entering their blind spots. This includes maintaining a safe distance between vehicles, properly signaling when changing lanes, and taking precautions when turning, due to trucks’ large turning radius.
Common Causes of No-Zone Truck Accidents
No-zone accidents occur when a large truck collides with another vehicle that has entered one of its blind spots. These collisions can happen under many different circumstances.
Among the cases our no-zone accident lawyers handle, these are some of the most common causes of accidents:
- Driver Fatigue: Truck drivers are frequently on the road for hours. And when faced with tight deadlines, they may drive longer than federal regulations allow. When fatigue sets in, this can severely impair a driver’s judgment regarding blind spots.
- Intoxicated Driving: Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a problem for both truck drivers and drivers of passenger vehicles. Some truck drivers also use stimulant drugs to stay awake while on the road for long periods. In either case, intoxicated driving can cause drivers to make careless mistakes, resulting in no-zone crashes.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: When making lane changes, truck drivers must use their blinkers or indicators to alert other drivers on the road. If a trucker suddenly veers into the next lane without enough warning, they can plow into cars still in their no-zones.
- Lingering in Blind Spots: Truck drivers are responsible for recognizing when a car is entering their blind spots, but other drivers should also use caution. Lingering in a truck’s no-zone can significantly increase the risk of a collision.
Compensation Recovered for Truck Accident Victims
Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers is known locally and nationally for recovering significant settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients. We aim to secure the financial support you need after a serious accident.
Using results-driven strategies, we have recovered:
- $4.775 million for a Bergen County woman injured in a trucking collision.
- $4.75 million for a family involved in a truck crash in Essex County.
- $795,000 for a Bergen County police officer who sustained serious harm in a truck accident.
- $350,000 for an individual who sustained a fractured orbital in a trucking accident.
- $215,000 on behalf of two individuals who both suffered from severe neck injuries after their car was struck by a large truck.
Why You Need an Attorney for Your No-Zone Accident Claim
Pursuing compensation for a car accident claim is difficult, but the process is even more complex regarding truck wrecks. There are federal regulations to wade through and multiple parties to deal with. We recommend hiring an experienced New Jersey no-zone accident attorney to handle your claim immediately.
The legal team of Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers can:
- Discover All Liable Parties: With no-zone truck accidents, there may be multiple parties involved. Discovering all liable parties can maximize the value of your claim. We will use all resources necessary to investigate liability and take legal action against all negligent parties.
- Obtain Important Documents: Did you know that trucking companies are not required to keep important documents on file indefinitely? If you don’t know how to request official documents or you delay the process, this can jeopardize your case. Our law firm will demand essential documents from trucking companies on your behalf, such as driver’s logs and training records.
- Handle Tough Negotiations: After a serious accident, you should focus on recovering from your injuries, not dealing with the logistics of a lawsuit. Our experienced legal team will fully protect your rights and demand the highest compensation feasible. We will work tirelessly toward securing the financial support you need to recover from your losses fully.
Proving Fault in a No-Zone Truck Accident Claim
Proving fault in a no-zone truck accident lawsuit requires a thorough understanding of the law and access to experts and other legal resources. In order to prove negligence, our legal team can:
- Launch an independent investigation into the cause of the accident.
- Speak with witnesses and take their deposition, which is testimony under oath.
- Obtain photos and videos of the scene of the accident, if available.
- Use accident reconstruction services to demonstrate the cause of the accident.
- Demand important documents from all liable parties.
- Send written requests for interrogatories from all parties involved.
- Consult with experts to analyze complex issues of liability and causation.
In addition to the above, we may also obtain the truck’s black box recorder, which may provide important details about the events that occurred before and at the time of the crash. The information recorded depends on the manufacturer, but details may include:
- The truck’s speed at the time of the crash
- Brake usage and whether the truck suddenly accelerated or decelerated
- How many times the truck has been involved in wrecks in the past
- How often the driver operate the truck above certain speeds
- Whether cruise control was engaged
- GPS location of the truck
- Data that shows if the driver was on the road for longer than federal regulations allow
How Much Is My No-Zone Accident Case Worth?
Since no-zone wrecks can lead to catastrophic injuries, the compensation you recover may be significant. The amount you receive depends on your ability to prove fault and the extent of your injuries. In the state of New Jersey, compensation for these cases typically covers:
- The cost of vehicle damage repairs
- The cost of related medical care, hospital stays, ambulance rides, and rehabilitation
- The cost of braces, wheelchairs, crutches, and other necessary devices
- Lost wages, if you had to take time off work
- Lost future income, if you can no longer work due to the severity of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Additional non-economic losses if you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of your loved one who died in the accident
The above losses are collectively referred to as “damages.” Compensation aims to ensure you are paid back for any physical, financial, and emotional harm you’ve endured. However, it’s important to understand that New Jersey is known as a “modified comparative negligence” state.
This means that if you are found to be partially responsible for the wreck, then your compensation may be reduced accordingly. You cannot recover financial compensation if you were more than 50% responsible for the crash. An attorney can help protect your rights against insurance companies that will do everything to reduce their payout.
Meet With a New Jersey No-Zone Accident Lawyer
While financial compensation can’t reverse the harm you suffered in a serious truck accident, it can help you regain your life. Hiring an experienced attorney is essential to the success of your claim. When pursuing compensation on your own, you run the risk of letting the insurance company completely put the blame on you. This can prevent you from recovering the full compensation you’re entitled to.
At Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, we are ready to put our skills and experience to work for you. For a free case evaluation, call us at (973) 364-8300 and schedule a consultation with our New Jersey truck accident attorney.
- $5.8 Million Settlement Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers Obtained a $5.8 Million Settlement on Behalf of Injured Client
- $5.35 Million Settlement Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers Obtained a $5.35 Million Settlement at Trial on Behalf of a Pedestrian Struck by a Tractor Trailer
- $4.8 Million Settlement Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers Obtained a $4.8 Million Settlement on Behalf of a Woman Injured in a Trucking Accident
- $2.25 Million Settlement Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers Obtained a $2.25 Million Settlement for an Auto Accident Victim in Bergen County
* Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
The trial attorneys at Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers have decades of experience with personal injury litigation. We understand the difficulties accident victims experience. Our staff is especially skilled at dealing with medical providers and insurance companies to navigate these claims and allow you to focus on what is truly important - getting back to health.
"My case was not a simple case, but Ed Capozzi and his team took it head on. It was a pleasure to deal with Ed Capozzi and Corey Dietz. All their knowledge and fast response to any questions I had throughout the case made it easier on me. I can’t forget about Mr. Capozzi’s wonderful paralegal. Everybody was kind and thoughtful. This team of attorneys never made me feel like I was just another case. They make you feel like friends. If you need an personal injury lawyer, give Ed Capozzi and Corey Dietz a call! They won't let you down! Thanks to everyone at Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers! You guys rock!"
"I would never choose another law firm!! Mr. Edward Capozzi and Valentina treated me like family. I was scared to go to court but when I did, he was very aggressive and fought for me. I got so much money for my case!! I can't say it enough, THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!"
" Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers is a top notch law firm. I worked specifically with Mr. Capozzi, and was very impressed with his knowledge of personal injury law, and his commitment to ensuring I got the result I deserved."
* Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
If you have been injured in an accident, call us! We are here for you 24 hours a day. The consultation is free. You will not pay any fees unless we win your case, because here at Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, it is all about getting results for you.