New Jersey Single Car Accident Lawyers
If you were involved in a single-vehicle accident, you should contact an experienced car accident attorney today. Even if you were driving the car and no other vehicles were involved, you may be eligible to seek compensation for the damage to your car, medical expenses, and other costs. There are many causes of single-vehicle car accidents, including objects in the road, defective auto parts, poorly maintained roads, and other drivers who may force you to swerve and crash your car.
An experienced New Jersey car accident attorney can help you explore your legal options and determine how to best proceed with your case. At Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, we are passionate about advocating for our clients and are proud of our strong track record of obtaining favorable results for our clients. To schedule a free consultation with Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, give us a call today at (973) 364-8300.
Why Should I Hire An Attorney?
Typically, proving that another party was at fault in your single-vehicle car accident requires a thorough investigation and an aggressive legal advocate. To access compensation in a single-vehicle car accident, you can either file a claim with your insurance company or file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. In either situation, hiring a skilled car accident attorney will make it more likely that your claim is successful. There may be many parties responsible for your accident, such as other drivers, vehicle manufacturers, construction companies, government agencies, and pedestrians.
You should always consult an attorney before signing any legal documents or accepting any compensation from the party that was responsible for your accident. The responsible party, especially if there is clear evidence that they caused your accident, may offer you a one-time settlement in exchange for you dropping your case. Often, the at-fault parties – especially companies and corporations – will take advantage of stressed, overwhelmed victims who are dealing with injuries and medical bills, and offer low settlements. Many car accident victims who are desperate for financial relief from their mounting bills take the settlement immediately, not realizing that they are entitled to much more.
An attorney will be able to advise whether or not your settlement offer is fair, and may be able to negotiate higher. If the responsible party is unwilling to fairly compensate you in a settlement, your lawyer may recommend that you take your case to trial.
Why Should I Use Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers?
Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers is a team of highly accomplished, dedicated attorneys who are passionate about advocating for their injured clients. We understand the devastating impact that car accidents can have on an individual’s life, and we work hard to help our clients access the compensation that can help them get back on their feet.
After every case, we ask ourselves three questions:
- Did we provide justice?
- Did we obtain adequate compensation to meet your current and future needs?
- Are you and your family more secure now than when you came to us?
We work hard in every case we take on to be able to answer “yes” to all of these questions. Our hard work pays off: We have a consistent track record of obtaining favorable settlements and verdicts for our clients. We have recovered more than $300 million for our clients, including dozens of multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for car accident victims.
Every case is unique and there are a variety of factors that determine the outcome of car accident cases, but our track record is a solid indicator of our dedication and determination.
Causes of Single-Vehicle Car Accidents in New Jersey
Many single-vehicle accidents are caused by driver error or reckless driving. When the driver of the car that crashed is at fault, some common causes include:
- Distracted driving (texting, eating, interacting with passengers)
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
However, some people automatically assume that the driver is at fault in every single-vehicle accident. This is untrue. These are some of the main causes of single-vehicle accidents in New Jersey:
- Poor road conditions. Dangerous road conditions can make it difficult or impossible for drivers to maintain control of their vehicle. Poor road conditions include maintenance crews failing to fix a pothole, construction crews leaving debris or equipment behind, or excessive gravel on the road. Similarly, a lack of proper signage can lead to single-vehicle accidents. Signs may be improperly positioned, damaged, or missing. This can make a driver unable to properly respond to changing directions or road conditions.
If poor road conditions caused your accident, you may be able to make a claim against the government agency responsible for maintaining the road, such as the New Jersey Department of Transportation. Making a case against a government entity can be especially complicated, so you should hire legal representation as soon as possible. Government agencies have certain immunity protections, and you must notify the agency that you intend to make a claim within 90 days of the accident. Your attorney will help ensure this process goes as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Defective auto parts – Automobile manufacturers have a legal duty to ensure that the vehicles they produce are safe. If a defective auto part caused your accident, you may be able to hold the manufacturer liable for your damages. Common defective auto parts include brake system failure, tire problems, steering column defects, and more. It may also be possible to hold mechanics responsible if they failed to properly maintain your vehicle. In this situation, your lawyer may need to hire an expert witness who can help explain what went wrong with your vehicle.
- Pedestrians/bicycles/other vehicles – While single-vehicle accidents only result in the crash of one vehicle, other parties may still be involved. This often occurs when a pedestrian, bicycle, or other vehicle behaves erratically or recklessly, forcing you to swerve or brake suddenly to avoid a collision. Unfortunately, the party responsible for these types of accidents often does not stay at the scene. They may not even realize they have caused an accident. If this happens to you, try to write down everything you remember about the other party/vehicle.
Not all of the single-vehicle accidents described here are the fault of another party. There may be no party at fault in some single-car accidents, such as those caused by inclement weather and animals in the roadway. In these situations, your best bet may be to file a claim with your insurance company. New Jersey is a “no-fault” insurance state, which means that all insurance policies must contain a certain amount of “personal injury protection” (PIP). This can help pay your medical bills, although treatment for serious injuries may exceed the amount covered by your policy.
How Much Compensation Am I Eligible For?
If another party was responsible for your accident, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against them. In this type of lawsuit, you are eligible to seek compensation for two types of damages: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages include medical bills, property damage, and lost wages if your injuries have made you unable to work.
Non-economic damages include pain, suffering, and mental trauma. Since these damages are subjective, it can be more complicated to determine compensation for non-economic damages. We generally recommend that our clients keep a journal and document all the times that their injuries or mental trauma made it difficult to live their normal life. Write down every time that you experience pain or are unable to complete daily tasks. This can help a court understand the impact that your accident has had on your life.
Contact a Single-Car Accident Attorney Today
At Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, we understand the devastating effects that single-car accidents can have on an individual’s life. For many victims, the stress of dealing with the aftermath of an accident and the physical pain of injuries can make it difficult to live life normally, and the thought of pursuing a legal claim feels overwhelming. With Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, we strive to lessen this burden for our clients by providing high-quality, supportive legal representation.
Contact us today by calling (973) 364-8300 to schedule your free consultation