5 Important Steps To Take If You’re Injured At WorkSchedule a Free Consultation
If you were injured at work, it is important to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention if necessary. If your injury is serious or requires immediate attention, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. If your injury is not serious, you should still inform your employer and seek medical attention immediately.
- Report the injury to your employer. In most cases, you must report the injury to your employer within a certain time frame, typically within 30 days. You should also keep a record of the time, date, and details of the injury, as well as the names of any witnesses.
- File a claim with your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. Your employer must have workers’ compensation insurance, which covers medical expenses and lost wages due to a workplace injury. You should file a claim with the insurance company as soon as possible after the injury.
- Follow your medical treatment plan. It is important to follow the treatment plan your healthcare provider recommends to recover from your injury fully.
- Keep in touch with your employer and the workers’ compensation insurance company. Ensure your employer and the insurance company are informed about your medical treatment and recovery.
“If you suffer an injury while working, one of the most important things you can do is to report it. When an accident is not reported, an employer can deny you medical treatment and benefits for missed time from work. Reporting an accident properly will prevent many potential problems.”
– Edward Capozzi
Common Mistakes People Make When They Are Injured at Work:
- Not seeking medical attention: It is important to seek medical attention immediately after a workplace injury. This is true even if you do not think the injury is serious. A healthcare provider can assess your injury and provide the necessary treatment to help you recover.
- Not reporting the injury to your employer: It is important to inform your employer about the injury as soon as possible. In most cases, you are required to report the injury within a certain time frame, typically within 30 days.
- Not filing a claim with workers’ compensation insurance: If you are injured at work, you are entitled to benefits through your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. It is important to file a claim with the insurance company as soon as possible after the injury.
- Not following your medical treatment plan: It is important to follow the treatment plan recommended by your healthcare provider in order to fully recover from your injury.
- Not keeping in touch with your employer and the workers’ compensation insurance company: It is important to keep your employer and the insurance company informed about your medical treatment and recovery. This will help ensure that you receive the benefits you are entitled to.
- $5.8 Million Settlement Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers Obtained a $5.8 Million Settlement on Behalf of Injured Client
- $5.35 Million Settlement Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers Obtained a $5.35 Million Settlement at Trial on Behalf of a Pedestrian Struck by a Tractor Trailer
- $4.8 Million Settlement Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers Obtained a $4.8 Million Settlement on Behalf of a Woman Injured in a Trucking Accident
- $2.25 Million Settlement Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers Obtained a $2.25 Million Settlement for an Auto Accident Victim in Bergen County
* Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
The trial attorneys at Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers have decades of experience with personal injury litigation. We understand the difficulties accident victims experience. Our staff is especially skilled at dealing with medical providers and insurance companies to navigate these claims and allow you to focus on what is truly important - getting back to health.
If you have been injured in an accident, call us! We are here for you 24 hours a day. The consultation is free. You will not pay any fees unless we win your case, because here at Brach Eichler Injury Lawyers, it is all about getting results for you.