SOUTH BRUNSWICK, NJ – One of the oldest buildings in South Brunswick was destroyed in a fire on Tuesday, according to reports.
The two-alarm fire was reported at 600 Ridge Road at about 12:33 p.m.
The two-story barn was part of the historical Long Bridge Farm that was once occupied by George Washington’s troops.
The high winds that day caused the fire to spread into nearby neighborhoods causing small tree and grass fires and led to evacuations.
The fire was determined to be caused by an electrical wire that fell on the barn after a tree branch struck it.
Several volunteer firefighters including Firefighters from Monmouth Junction, Kendall Park, Kingston, Plainsboro, North Brunswick, Jamesburg and the New Jersey State Forestry Service assisted in battling the blaze.
There were no injuries caused by the fire.
Note: This blog reports on the types of cases our firm has extensive experience handling. It is painful to learn of the prevalence of these serious accidents, and it is our sincere hope that future catastrophes can be avoided. Our blog posts are written from scouring recent news stories. As more information is revealed, these stories may be updated. If the information in this blog article is outdated or false, please let us know so we can add updates or corrections.
Disclaimer: By showing the frequency of these serious accidents, Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers hopes that more will be done to prevent them. Another aim is to give readers information that can be used to help them reduce the likelihood they are involved in a serious accident. Content on our blog is not legal advice.