LINDEN, NJ – A contractor was hospitalized with burns after being injured while on the job in Union County Tuesday, rlsmedia.com reported.
At about 1:40 p.m., authorities received reports that a person had suffered an electric shock at 1800 Lower Road in Linden.
Police say the contractor had cut a tree limb that fell onto a high-tension wire, and the man was shocked when he made contact with the wire.
The contractor, a man from Ohio, was taken to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital with burns on his hands. Police are continuing to investigate the incident.
The New Jersey workplace accident attorneys of Brach Eichler Trial Lawyers provide these blog posts to keep our neighbors informed about collisions and accidents across the Garden State. They should not be construed as legal advice. However, if you or someone you love has been injured in an accident and someone else is at fault, we would like to discuss your case with you. Contact us today to begin a free, no-obligation consultation.