Alex Capozzi is a trial lawyer at Brach Eichler. He has extensive experience litigating cases involving personal injuries and other complex civil issues against insurance companies. He has personally obtained multi-million-dollar verdicts on behalf of injured victims, recoveries that less than 1% of attorneys in the United States achieve throughout their careers.
In New Jersey, Alex has been recognized as being the youngest attorney in the history of the state to ever receive a multi-million-dollar jury verdict at trial. His verdicts have been featured in the New Jersey Law Journal, Verdict Search, and the Top 50 Verdicts in New Jersey, and he has been invited to lecture throughout New Jersey and the United States on successful trial strategies. In 2016, Alex was the recipient of the 14th largest jury verdict of any lawyer in the state.
Outside of the office, Alex is heavily involved with “THON,” a children’s cancer research philanthropy. He has spent countless days traveling throughout the region raising money for children’s cancer research and raising money to improve the lives of families that have been burdened with the extremely high costs of cancer treatment for their children.
- Notable Matters
- $2,027,500 jury verdict at trial for a client who sustained injuries to her neck and jaw when a negligent driver struck her vehicle. The last settlement offer by the insurance company was $40,000.
- $915,000 recovery for a client who sustained injuries to her arm and knee when a New Jersey Transit bus negligently struck her vehicle.
- $500,000 recovery for a client who sustained injuries to his knee and shoulder when a bouncer used excessive force to eject him from a bar.
- $370,000 recovery for a client who sustained multiple injuries when he was electrocuted at work.
- $287,500 recovery for a client who sustained injuries to his neck and shoulder when his vehicle was struck by a negligent driver.
- $215,000 recovery for two clients who sustained injuries to their neck when a truck negligently struck their vehicle.
- $160,000 recovery for a client who sustained injuries to his knee when a truck negligently struck his vehicle.
- $150,000 recovery for a client who sustained an injury to her back when she fell because of the dangerous condition of a parking lot.
- $126,000 recovery for a client who sustained an injury to his neck when he was struck by a falling tree branch on negligently maintained property.
- $120,000 recovery for a client who sustained an injury to his shoulder when a negligent driver struck his vehicle.
- Professional Activities
- Essex County Bar Association
- Hudson County Bar Association
- Passaic County Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association